Florida Registered Agent
How to Change Your Florida Registered Agent
Option 1: File a Statement of Change
To change your Florida registered agent, you can file a simple form along with a cover letter with the Florida Department of State Registration Section, Division of Corporations.
- Florida LLC: Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent
The LLC fee to file is $25.
- Florida Corporation: Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent
The corporation fee to file is $35.
How to File:
- Mail or Walk-In
- Fax (must have prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account: see below)
- Check or money order (made payable to Florida Department of State)
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account (see below)
If you set up a Sunbiz E-File Account and pay through your account, your document can be faxed and it will be processed with in 24 hours. If you submit your filing through the mail and pay with a check or money order, it will be processed within 3 to 7 business days.
Mail Filings and Payments to:
Division of Corporations
PO Box 6327
Tallahassee, FL 32314
Option 2: Change on Your Annual Report
You can also change your Florida registered agent when you file your annual report.
- The LLC Annual Report Fee: $138.75
- The Corporation Annual Report Fee: $150
- There is no additional fee for changing agents on your annual report.
You can file your Florida annual report online. To file online, you will need your Entity Document Number (found on your annual report filing notice, or you can search the Division of Corporations records), your Federal Employer Identification Number, and a valid email address. If you intend to pay online, you must have a major credit card number.
- Credit Card (you can pay online during the filing process)
- Check or money order (you can file online and then print a Department of State Check Payment Voucher, which must be sent with your mailed check or money order within 10 days)
- Sunbiz E-File Account