Florida Registered Agent
How to Start a Miami Business
7 Steps to Start a Business in Miami
Miami has established itself as a growing, global hub for commerce. Miami businesses of all sizes and industries enjoy relatively low sales and property taxes, and there are no local personal or local corporate income taxes. State registrations are generally moderately priced and straightforward to file online.
Our guide to starting a business in Miami walks you through each step of the process, no matter what sort of business you’re launching.
Here’s what we cover:
|Articles of Organization
|Articles of Incorporation
|LP or LLP
|Certificate of Limited Partnership
|Sole Proprietorship or General Partnership
|Fictitious Name Registration*
*Required for operating under a name besides the owners’ legal names.
Considering an LLC or corporation for your Miami business?
Compare filing on your own to hiring our expert local registered agents to form your LLC or corporation.
DIY Business Formation
Pay only the Florida state fees and use our guide to set up your company.
- $70 Corporation/ $125 LLC
- May add our $49/year registered agent service
- Business owners must write or purchase their own operating agreements or bylaws
- Business owners must get their own domain names and websites
- Business owners must use their personal phone number or purchase an additional line
Hire Your Registered Agent Today!
Our Business Formation Service
Hire us to save time, effort, and possibly money. Includes:
- $49/year registered agent service
- Option to use our address on public records
- State filing fees
- Article preparation and submission
- Attorney-drafted operating agreement or corporate bylaws
- Expert Florida business support for the life of your business
- Official state approved articles sent to us, and stored securely online indefinitely
- Domain name, open-source website, email, and phone service to make your business look professional
All this for $49 registered agent + state fees + $100
Miami Business Resources
City of Miami
- A Practical Business Resource Guide
Helpful, downloadable .pdf resources guide for starting a successful business in Miami
- The Beacon Council
Miami-Dade County’s Official Economic Development Partnership guide
- Business Grants and Resources
Links to popular business grants, tax incentives and other small business resources
For Miami Small Businesses
- Miami-Dade Small Business Development
Get certified as a small business through the Miami-Dade Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources. Certification is the gateway to opportunities through the County’s Community Business Enterprise (CBE), Community Small Business Enterprise (CSBE), and more.
- Neighbors and Neighbors Association
NANA was established in 1995 to help small “mom & pop” businesses in Miami-Dade County. Beyond administering Miami-Dade County’s Small Business (“Mom & Pop”) annual grant, NANA offers assistance to small businesses year-round.
- Miami-Dade Office of the Florida Small Business Development Center
The Florida Small Business Development Center Network assists potential and existing business owners by providing the management advice, training and information needed to run a successful small business. Services are offered at little or no cost.
- US Small Business Administration, Miami
US Small Business Administration is a national organization but it has a local office right here in Miami. The SBA offers information on small business loans, grants, bonds and other financial assistance.
- SCORE | Counselors to America’s Small Business
SCORE is a partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and offers counseling to help you start, grow and manage your business.